Thursday, February 28, 2013

Clowns from Amsterdam

Yesterday I got following comment: I have Tony's Clown and Winnie the Pooh from his Amsterdam period (1960's).
So I asked to send the picture and some info on how the person got the painting: Thus another testimony on Tony Mafia's Amsterdam period.
I quote the text: "Hereby a picture of the Clown. I haven't got a photo of
Winnie the Pooh, as it is currently with my daughter in the UK. I did not
meet him personally, but a friend of mine met him in a bar in Amsterdam
and I bought these two works via him in 63/64. Tony seemed a bit down and out at
the time, so I heard.
I am prepared to sell. Kind regards, Hans.


Tony painted a lot of clowns, he loved the circus. I can't quite tell from the picture whether this is an oil painting or a pastel drawing (which I think it is). Then it would be behind glass.
If you're interested leave an e-mail address in a comment... and I'll get back to you to get  you in touch with Hans.


2 comments:

  1. i lost a Tony Mafia from his Hollywood days. What are you asking for this artwork?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you have to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Text Your Ex Back?

    ReplyDelete